I was away from the computer all day yesterday, so I missed out on posting my list of the things for which I’m thankful. In no particular order:
- coffee (as nurturing as mother’s milk for the over-tired adult)
- a pretty freakin’ good life with a great partner, cool cats, and a new city that we’re really enjoying
- relative financial stability, thanks to savings, a good job for SB, and part time jobs that keep me hoppin’
- continued good health for my family, including my grandparents who are still navigating the stairs in their split level house at 91 and 89
- finding friends and community through SELMA
- eligibility for insurance as SB’s “Other Qualifying Adult”
- losing enough weight in the last couple of years to fit perfectly into my aunt’s wool skirts from high school and my grandma’s party dresses from the 60s = major vintage clothing haul from the Bon Ton Fesenmeyer
- connecting with friends over this long weekend – Jason and Sonya in Iowa (4th Thanksgiving in a row!), then (almost) the rest of the GSLIS crew in Chicago tomorrow night
- a new brother in law and our first niece or nephew on the way for a spring delivery!
- lots of options for local between the farmers’ market, the co-op, and Plum Market
- a puffy fluffy green jacket to get me through the winter, especially as I hear it snowed this morning in A2
- the safe arrival of Milo!
- rediscovering knitting, improving the x-stitch, and figuring out my sewing machine
- so many ways to stay connected to all the people we love in all corners of the country and the planet