I only managed one quarterly check-in this year. Let’s see how I did with the rest:
1. More letters. I’m aiming for a letter each week.
I finished the year averaging just over one/week. Many of those were thank you notes, but they were hand written and went out on nice stationery with a stamp, so there.
2. More books. 16 sounds like a nice round number.
Not so much. I finished 5.
3. More miles. Barring injury, I’m aiming for 750 running and 2000 biking. I also really want this to be my marathon year, but I’ve said that before…
I didn’t come close to my biking goal, but I blew my running goal out of the water: 1000 miles for the year and my first marathon.
4. More movies. We saw a grand total of 6 last year. 12 seems possible.
Hilarious. I finished 3, maybe 4 movies the entire year.
5. Less meat. I’m not ready (or interested, really) in going back to being vegetarian, but I am interested in expanding my repertoire of meat-free meals, particularly since Nicolas has been pescatarian for nearly a year.
This definitely happened. Nicolas still eats fish but generally avoids all other animal products these days, so our diet is dramatically different than it used to be. In November, I fell in love with the My New Roots cookbook, which has been a game changer. I’m looking forward to more vegan-mostly cooking adventures in the new year.
6. Less debt. We’re on track to pay off all of my debt by the end of the year. I really want to make that happen.
Oh ho ho. Instead of eliminating debt, we bought a new car! My student loans are gone, so that’s something.
7. Less complaining.
8. Less guilt and regret.
A work in progress. For the rest of my life.