The Friday Five:
1. Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not?
I can take it or leave it. I spent so much time on/near the phone at work that I don’t really want to talk much once I get home.
2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
3. About how many telephones do you have at home?
3 – home, my mobile, and Nate’s work mobile
4. Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened?
Loads of people. I work in customer service, after all. My favorite? “AMCORE Bank, this is Elizabeth.”
“This is 123456789. What’s my balance?”
OR, left in voice mail:
“You have reached the Online Support department at AMCORE Bank. Our normal working hours are 8:30-6. Please leave your name, number, email address, and a description of your problem…”
“It’s 2:30. It is not 6:00. Forget it.”
And then they wonder why we don’t call them back.
5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not?
Depends on the situation. If I need an immediate answer, I call. If I need to hear pretty soon – or if it’s just something quick – I’ll email. I heart email. If I just want to write, I’ll write a letter.
Pigface fucking kicked ass. The crush of people. The feel of vinyl against my skin. Curse screaming. Seibold in the suit. Suck at full volume with the floor shaking from the screaming and pounding and jumping up and down. Awesome. We’re going to try to catch them in Chicago on 20 April – I can’t fucking wait.