Photo by mollshot
I have four weeks’ vacation plus seven discretionary days plus a serious case of wanderlust. Who wants to take a trip?
- Yosemite, because parks and bears and outdoorsy!
- The Grand Canyon. Eva and I talked about this ages ago, and I sort of forgot that it existed until I saw this post.
- Germany to see Linda and Jeremiah and M I L O and my cousins and LARP Ticket to Ride.
- Italy, because Dharma and Erin are making it look damned good, and because I’ve never been, and because Jeanne said “Birthplace of the renaissance. And fabulous looking Italian men.”
- Spain. Spain Spain Spain Spain Spain. Voy a viajar a Santiago una vez más. Or Granada. Or Ibiza.
- Atlanta to visit Paul and eat all the sweet potato biscuits.
- Greece for the history and the food and the blue blue blue blue sky and because Lawrence Durrell makes Rhodes and Corfu sound impossibly idyllic.
- The Salton Sea. Vince D’Onfrio’s pig nose optional.
- New Orleans as I’ve never been much of anywhere in the South, and it seems like this is the place to start.
- Costa Rica or somewhere similarly tropical with crabs and monkeys and beaches.
- Spa World. According to Abigail: “Why only go to a few places when you can have the rest of the World, Spa World, that is.”
That said, it’s a Sunday morning and my curtains are blowing gently in the breeze and a train just went by and I’m drinking iced coffee, and while it does get better than this, this is pretty damned good.