– So hey, NATO’s coming to town! Which means that basically everything related to commuting or public transportation or the lake is just – ugh. On the bright side, it will be a good excuse to get on my bike and see the crazy.
– On Saturday, I’m taking a Chimpsy workshop so that I’ll be slightly more competent in my use of the DSLR that we bought, oh, three years ago.
– I realized earlier in the week that since I drive up Lakeshore every day, it was silly to go home, change, and then run in my neighborhood. Instead, I’m paying $1/hour, parking on the lake, and getting my run in immediately after work. I’ve also decided that modesty is overrated on days when it’s over 70, and if people don’t like the sight of me RUNNING in a sports bra and shorts, they can deal.
– I’ve been stupidly busy after work every night this week, and while it’s been mostly fun stuff, I’m SO looking forward to having no responsibilities or plans other than reading magazines and watching Mad Men and thinking about summer vacation, whenever and wherever that will be.
– My grocery list currently contains three items: olives, dark chocolate, and bleach. You know, just the essentials.
And some links for your perusal:
– A woman in California picked up some pretty rocks on the beach AND THEN HER PANTS CAUGHT ON FIRE.
– These dance-bombing teachers are pretty much the best ever.
– Renowned silver fox David Byrne turned 60 this week. I celebrated by looking at photos of my nephew in an oversized suit.
– A perfectly curated and edited video of Sherlock Holmes insulting people.
– This Tumblr is full of vintage love.