I have two weeks left in Ann Arbor. Two weeks from today, I should be in Chicago, and a week after that, I’ll be getting ready to start my new job. I asked the internets for recommendations for my last two weeks here, and they responded in great force. I can’t obviously accomplish all of these things in two weeks, but it’s good to have a place to start.
- Filmfest, foolmoon, festifools
- Get into that little playground on the roof of the old Mott Children’s Hospital.
- Coconut cream batido from frita batidos
- Frita batidos, Sunday brunch at Aut bar
- Canoe the Huron (if they’re open?) If not open or too cold, go to the DIA. That never gets old.
- Dunny purchase from Vault of Midnight. Go see Lewis the orange tabby cat at Downtown Home and Garden. Go to Ashleys for beer on the busiest night, take $20 and play the same song (bad or good) over and over again on the internet juke box. Walk in Gallup Park.
- If the weather is right & you still have your bike, you can take the b2b trail to downtown Ypsilanti.
- Run through the Arb, brunch at Eastern Market, good beer at Jolly Pumpkin and then a bad beer over at the Eightball and definitely go visit Lewis!
- Happy Endings at Berkley Front over City Club this Friday.
This is in addition to the list that Shana and I have been compiling:
- Bell’s bi bim bap with Amanda
- Nachos somewhere with Shana and Javan
- Night out in Detroit with housemates
- Biscuits and chocolate-bacon gravy at the Roadhouse (post-race brunch of dreams
- Brunch at Raven’s Club
- One last bakefest (Oreos!)
- Another Knights of the West Side
Already checked off the list in the last few weeks are:
- Afternoon Delight, which is hands’ down my favorite breakfast place in town.
- Taco Tuesday at Sabor Latino
- Donuts and/or ice cream from Washtenaw Dairy, which has the best donuts on the planet.
- Plastic Passion at Necto
- My first and only visit to the Arb
- A very long walk along Huron River Drive
- Treasure Mart
What am I missing?