So I may have mentioned that we’re not good at relaxing – particularly relaxing on the beach. We’re just not. So you’ll forgive me when I admit to speculation on this list, as the only snacks we’ve actually taken to the beach are sodas and ice cream.
- Ice cream, though I’d suggest buying it at a concession stand rather than bringing it from home.
- On a related note, pick up some delicious fried foods: cheese curds, green beans, etc.
- Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy
- Doritos. Do you really need a reason to eat Doritos?
- Jelly beans – small and unlikely to get coated in sand.
- Sandwiches, preferably carefully wrapped so as to avoid the sand issue
- It probably makes sense to eat things that come from the beach, right? Like fish, grilled by the beach?
- At all costs, avoid foods that might taste like they contain sand or otherwise have a sand-like texture. I like pears, but not on the beach.
- Also avoid sticky foods that will require hand-washing and/or attract bugs.
- A cooler full of ice. Granted, this isn’t technically a snack, but it is pretty essential for snack enjoyment.
Ten on Tuesday is a listserv-driven meme thingamagig.