In no particular order, a list of things I am very much looking forward to:
- Taco Tuesday, which I have missed for lo these many weeks since the semester started on January 18. I will eat hella al pastor tacos and all will be right with the world.
- Visiting Champaign and seeing GSLIS peeps this weekend, even though I have a full day of teaching on Saturday. Related: the Esquire! Cheap beer and free bowls of peanuts! Drinks at Boltini! Working at Kopi! Sam’s French toast! Beer at the Pig or Mike & Molly’s! Champaign, my love, I haven’t forgotten you!
- Springtime is coming, right?
- Two of our best dudebros coming up from DC next weekend for beer and shenanigans! Hopefully we will NOT watch The Room this time.
- Hanging with Baby Sipes at ACRL, then going down to DC for the weekend to see many friendos, eat many things, and run many miles. OMG I CANNOT WAIT. Related: everything about the Galaxy Hut! Baked & Wired cupcakes! Running with Team Astronaut Mike Dexter!
- Springtime running. Late spring running. Early summer running. Any running other than heavy winter running.
- The arrival of a delightful assortment of energy gels that I ordered from Hammer Nutrition earlier in the week.
- Possibly driving to Toronto in April to see Sarah. Visiting a formerly Canadian friend while she is in Canada just seems appropriate, you know?
- Shane’s birthday and our first anniversary! Can’t believe it’s been almost a year, omg hearts.
- Another long weekend with my ladies from grad school. This year we’re going to Peoria instead of Carbondale, and we’ll also have two babies in tow. I’m hoping for lots of girl talk and wine coolers and laughter.
- The end of the semester will be here before you even know it! Seriously, we’re half done, and I canNOT believe it.
- Ordering stuff for the garden. Planting stuff for the garden. The garden.
- Using that spa gift certificate that Shane got me for my birthday just as soon as I have a half weekend day free.