Things I’m into right now:
1. Essential Mixes have been carrying me through long workdays of literature reviews and conference prep.
2. THREE DAYS left at my current job! I start here on 28 February.
3. I’m in desperate need of a pedicure. I might treat myself after tomorrow’s seven mile run. (OMG, running seven miles)
Things I do not like:
1. The weird faces in reddit rage comics.
2. Brak, at least in his appearances on Space Ghost thus far.
Things that do not exist as far as I know, but really should:
1. A website that shows you all of your available transit options between two locations, including schedules and pricing. One-click booking would be ideal. Use case: I want to travel from DC to NYC. My options include several bus lines, flights from three nearby airports, the Acela, car rental, etc.
2. A website that lets you input your price range, then shows you your flight (or, ideally, all transit) options. Example: I want to spend up to $300 on airfare for my upcoming vacation. Where can I go if I book my tickets today?
3. A coffeeshop along the lines of Aroma, Kopi, or Paradiso. Adequate coffee, free wireless, and affordable lunch options. As far as I’m concerned, these things are essential to grad school success, and are woefully absent in A2.
4. Even better, I would like the above in my neighborhood. Or any kind of cafe within a few blocks of my house.
0 thoughts on “Friday this and that”
I took the “jew bus” (it was the one that didn’t go to chinatown and was run by hasids/jamaicans) from dc to nyc and it was good.
re: 2 I agree and find that EXTREMELY annoying. This sort of works: http://www.farecompare.com/maps/
Ann Arbor doesn’t have good local coffee shops? Really?? That seems really weird.
For NYC to DC, I’m a big fan of the MegaBus. Cheap, fairly efficient (at least IME), easy drop-off and pick-up points, and wireless.