I usually like to give myself until my birthday to make resolutions and to report in on those from the previous year. This year, however, I’m pretty set on my list, and if I post it today, that gives me almost 13 months to complete the following:
- Expand my bread repertoire by baking 2 new types per month. I can make a solid sandwich loaf, but there are many more loaves to try!
- Knit socks. I’m there. I can do this.
- Run the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler. If my knee, winter training, or finances prevent this, run at least one 10K.
- Continue saving aggressively for a down-payment on a house. We’re hoping to buy this summer, but it might be advantageous to wait another year, which is why this resolution is ‘save’ not ‘buy’.
- Complete the 25 Recipes challenge, in which we attempt to master 25 recipes that we’ve been intending to try.
- Learn to accessorize. I love the look of scarves, jewelry, and all of that, but haven’t spent much time figuring out how to work those things into my wardrobe.
- Make a decision about grad school. Do I need/want more of it? In what field? This decision will largely be influenced on my job situation.
- Sock away 3 months’ worth of my half of the household budget (approx $4500). I worked on this in 2009, was un/underemployed for a few months, and then got a job that pays $15,000 less than I was making when we established our budgets. I’ll be posting about this and other financial goals on How I Am Not Spending Money. Hopefully extra income from teaching will help with this.
- Survive my first semester of teaching. Can I tell you how intimidated I am about this? It’s a little paralyzing.
- Take a solo trip and a vacation with SB. We’re thinking Portland or San Francisco, and I’m thinking that my reward for #9 should be a trip to NYC.
What do you want to do in the new year?