Skip to content
Things I Do Not Like About Running Home From Work
- The amount of crap I have to carry with me:
- keys: even with removing the keys I don’t use on a daily basis, I still have 3 for the office and 1 for home.
- wallet: even with removing the stuff I don’t use on a daily basis, I still have driver’s license, debit card, MCard, and cash.
- The amount of crap I leave at the office which I then have to carry home on another day:
- Work clothes
- Lunch bag and coffee mug
- Day planner
- The first mile is on campus and downtown, where I get stuck behind strollers and other slow-moving pedestrians. The last mile is all uphill.
- I arrive home to hungry and annoying cats who need attention immediately when I really just want to sit down and cool off for 15 minutes
- It’s hard to think about making dinner etc when I’m sweaty and tired and just want to put fuel in my body.
- I’m tired from being in the office for 8 hours, which doesn’t bode well for a quality run.
Things I Do Like About Running Home From Work
- It’s convenient, both in terms of time and distance.
- It’s faster than taking the bus or walking.
- I don’t have to get motivated to run later in the evening.