- Awake at 4am, lulled back to sleep by the rain.
- Spent much more than I planned at the Dupont market – buffalo burgers, strawberries and more strawberries, broccoli, ZUCCHINI, golden beets, chive blossoms, salad, rhubarb, and basil.
- Finished the rest of the grocery shopping, made pesto, dramatically reorganized the fridge to make 2 shelves work (used to have 3 but one broke), and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom – all before noon!
- Drove all the way to Cherrydale Hardware only to find no 4oz jelly jars. Bought lids and Taco Bell.
- Prepped and canned four pints of strawberry-rhubarb jam. Scraped the pan with some bread from the market. Even better than last year’s batch.
- Transplanted the herbs and the lime tree. Planted lavender seeds – would really, really like it if my kitchen smelled like lavender year round.
- Dinner: spare ribs braised in this and that, broccoli with an amazing vinaigrette, glass of Garnacha.
- Sleepy E.