Hey there Internet! I don’t have much to say tonight, but I thought I would share with you a few sites I’ve been enjoying with the hopes that they will give you inspiration and/or spice up your feed reader of choice:
- Artificial Owl, which is a blog about abandoned man-made structures. The photos are eerie and beautiful. It’s maybe my favorite thing on the Internet right now – except for, of course, you friendos out there.
- Holga, which is a Tumblr dedicated to “Art, literature, music and film from creative wonders around the world.”
- 30 Bucks a Week, a blog kept by a Brooklyn couple who are trying to eat on $30 per week. That $30 doesn’t include booze, meals out, or non-food items usually purchased while grocery shopping – but technicalities aside, I’ve found it pretty inspiring.
- Letter from Hen Waller, which I just started reading recently, though I’ve been Flickr-spying on this couple for a while. Their dedication to sustainable urban agriculture and urban living is what I hope to aspire to someday.
- Pete Bakes!, which is a new discovery by way of my friend Stephen. It is, as you might imagine, about baking, and is written by a 20-something dude who lives in DC.
- Zooborns. I know some of you don’t enjoy images of cute animals, but I do, and Zooborns does it best – perhaps even better than Cute Overload. Yeah, I said it.
If you’ll excuse me, I’m off to bed in my hotel room 143 miles away from home. Let me know what you think if you check out any of the above – and also if there are wonderful things I should be reading.