1. Read two books for pleasure each month.
I finished 38 books this year – not always 2 per month, but sometimes more than 2 – and did a reasonably good job posting about them on Good Reads.
2. See 12 movies in the theatre.
We saw maybe 6? 7? Quantum of Solace, WALL-E, Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Iron-Man, Atonement, There Will Be Blood, and Michael Clayton. It seems like there was a lot that I wanted to see this year, but we just didn’t get there.
3. Take a trip west of the Mississippi (and also west of Iowa).
Conference presentations took me to Denver and Monterey, a work meeting took me to San Francisco, and we just got back from almost a week in San Diego and Carlsbad with my family (pictures coming soon!).
4. Go to Bonnaroo or Coachella.
We had a quality time with Mark and Mike at Bonnaroo, and are hoping to go again this year.
5. Put $5,000 in savings by the end of the year (sub item: and leave it there).
6. Finish Couch to 5K and run a 5K.
In June I ran the Kelley Cares 5K. I’m really proud that I’ve kept up with running, and actually enjoy it!
7. Continue weight training and do an unassisted pull up.
Yes on the first part, no on the second. I’m hoping to start weight training with a coworker after the holidays – I’m pretty good at staying motivated, but having someone else with me will help.
8. Finish my CAS.
I was on track to finish, but came up 1 credit hour short, and so have extended it into the spring. I’m taking my last class via LEEP, and will be defending my thesis in March.
9. Get published.
Nope, but I think we’re going to be included in the ACRL conference proceedings, and we have an article in peer review. Fingers crossed that this’ll happen in the next year.
10. Find a church.
We’ve been sporadically attending services at Del Ray United Methodist Church, which we both really like.
11. Reconsider therapy and/or medication.
After a few sessions with the Employer Assistance Program therapist, I gave up on that, but have had pretty good luck with medication. I went back to my doctor for evaluation recently – we upped the dosage slightly, which I think will help.
12. Beat SB at Zooloretto or Alhambra.
Done and done – at least in Zooloretto.
13. Finish 2007’s Bond-watching resolution.
Still working on it – currently, in fact!
14. Bring a new friend into our family.
We adopted Miss Mina Miyo aka Mina Tiger Pig on my birthday. She’s been a fantastically funny little friend, and we’re so glad to have her.