I love living in Alexandria. Things I love:
- Taking the train to work and being above ground for part of the ride.
- Walking to Buzz for coffee and a treat, a quiet night of reading, or a board game with friends.
- The green! It’s green everywhere in our neighborhood!
- Having a neighborhood instead of living in high-rise land.
- Living a short bike-ride north of Old Town, where there are lots of options for food, window-shopping, and wigs (seriously: two wig shops in the same block!).
- Taking the train to U Street on Sunday seriously took me 24 minutes.
- Easy access to DC and Rosslyn via the GW parkway.
- Running by the river! I get very distracted by planes taking off and landing, and by sailboats, and by omg hey it’s the river! Right there!
In short: we’re really happy with this move. Really. Happy.