A short list of things that we haven’t really eaten this summer that otherwise frequently appeared in our diets:
- mushrooms (they are available at the market – just v. expensive)
- any beans other than green ones
- pre-made veggie products (total: 1 box mini corn dogs, 1 box veggie nuggets)
- citrus (other than lemon juice, primarily for preservation acidity)
- cold cuts or “lunch meat”
- frozen vegetables (though we have a frozen meal every few weeks)
I was thinking about all of this last night while watching another episode of Jamie at Home and thinking about how I didn’t really miss any of these things. OK, I do splurge on the occasional banana, and I do miss guacamole – but for the most part, this has been a really painless and amazingly tasty few months!