- In an attempt to like cauliflower, I roasted a head of the purple stuff. It was pretty tasty, but I’m still not convinced.
- A LOT of blueberry pancakes last weekend when Erin Fae was here.
- Peach ice cream and peach turnovers to use up the last of the peaches and the last of the puff pastry.
- Spaghetti and meatballs with both the sauce and the meatballs from scratch.
- Two all-local frittatas with garlic scapes (local for Erin Fae, who brought them as a gift), zucchini, onion, and tomato. OMG so good. I think we’ve mastered the frittata – now we just have to master getting it out of the pan:
The first of the Amish Paste tomatoes committed tomato suicide, but I’ve been steadily picking little Beam’s Pear tomatoes throughout the week, as well as beans and the basil, which has now stayed alive for THREE months. We also got our first red chili this week = hooray!