We’re back from nearly a week away at Bonnaroo – well, four days at the festival, and two days in transit with hilarious dudes and our trusty Richard Simmons. Over the course of the festival, I slept on the ground, ate awesome samosas, and saw a whole lot of fabulous music:
- Vampire Weekend
- Grupo Fantasma
- Jose Gonzalez
- Tegan & Sara
- The Wood Brothers
- Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings
- Gogol Bordello
- Cat Power
- Iron & Wine
- Aimee Mann
- Broken Social Scene (with Amy Millan)
- Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
- MIA’s last show ever was flat-out insane, especially immediately following !!!. I danced my ass off and was sweat on by a variety of people.
- Managed to catch the only MGMT song that I really love.
- Soul-fun with Sharon Jones in the hot-hot sun.
- Somehow almost every band that I saw had at least 5 people on stage. Broken Social Scene was no exception.
- Aimee Mann playing “Save Me” and “How Am I Different”. Mark said that was the only time all weekend that he got goosebumps.
- Iron & Wine was magical. I cried like a baby. So did Shane, a little.
I’ll be posting more photos over the next few days, but in the interim I’ve also created a post-Roo muxtape to capture the highlights. I’m so glad that we went.