What a week! In the last six days I have:
- self diagnosed an ear infection, had my diagnosis confirmed, and been put on antibiotics
- self diagnosed the beginning of another infection, got medication, and headed it off at the pass by eating a lot of yogurt
- had some sort of food poisoning and the associated excruciating abdominal cramping
- PMS (enough said)
All these things have added up to very much wanting my mom here to give me soup and crackers and 7up stirred with a fork so the bubbles are gone. On the other hand, I’ve felt very grown up in that every time I’ve figured out what was wrong and what I needed to do to fix it. Three cheers for being in touch with my body!
On a series of very good notes, the following things have happened:
- All the professors that I contacted gave me permission to conduct my study.
- After some back-and-forth, the IRB approved my study.
- I drank Guinness with a table full of friends on St Patrick’s day.
- I made carrot cake!
- I have a kitten-cat staying with me for 10 days.
- My pilgrim’s passport arrived today.
- I received a fantastic email regarding a plan that may rescue my financial future.