So our internal network is down at work right now, and I’m bored, and I’ve been thinking a lot about the things I am doing with my life, and the things I’d like to be doing. A couple of years ago I compiled a list of things to do by 30, per Keri Smith’s list, and so instead of finding productive things to do, I updated my list. I’m also making a less serious and more fun list of 25 things to do in my 25th year – with my birthday coming up in January, I think I have time to plan. 🙂 So, without further ado:
30 by 30
1. spend a summer abroad.
2. go to morocco.
3. spend a week in paris in the springtime.
4. take a vacation on each coast
5. see a show on broadway.
6. finish (or start, for that matter) graduate school.
7. read don quixote.
8. learn spanish.
9. have something published.
10. learn arabic.
Goals with tangible results:
11. finish the quilt grandma and i started when i was 10.
12. have a successful vegetable garden.
13. knit socks.
14. paint a room red.
15. develop a “signature” dish or menu.
16. go camping and keep my freaking out to a minimum.
17. follow a band on tour (again).
18. win at pub quiz.
19. stay out clubbing til the sun comes up.
20. attend a “black tie” event.
21. build a fun yet professional wardrobe.
22. get some sort of computer certification.
23. build credit.
24. learn to live on a budget.
25. join a gym (and go regularly).
Defying easy categorization:
26. fall in love.
27. win an award.
28. have a well-stocked wine cellar.
29. perform music in some sort of live setting (not karaoke).
30. have a child.
(x-posted to my lj)