A list of stuff I’m into these days:
- Dark chocolate. Lots of dark chocolate.
- Staying out far too late, drinking and dancing like it’s the summer of 2005.
- Shiny red nails and backless gold dresses and fake eyelashes.
- I don’t know how The Dark Tower will possibly work on TV, and I’m not sure if I want to find out, but I’m reasonably confident I also won’t be able to stay away.
- Pumpkin beers. Some are good. Some are super terrible. I will try any of them.
- My new planner, though I have to wait almost two months to use it.
- Person of Interest. I’m not sure if it’s right to describe Jim Caviezel as sexy, but damn.
- This scrub smells amazing and is making my skin softer than is reasonable to expect this time of year.
- Downloading an obscene amount of questionably terrible music from my youth in anticipation of a dance party this coming weekend. You should come!
- Power, Corruption & Lies. And this track from Substance that I’ve somehow glossed on for years. And downloading a bunch of industrial music that I’d forgotten about. And this Four Tet album. And music music music music music music.
We’ve been watching John Adams this week, and I just wanted to let you, my internet comrades, know that it’s a damned fine miniseries. It’s moving and well-acted, and has both of us interested in refreshing our memories of American history.
Breakfast in the sun
Kasey’s going away party
Showering outside at Mel’s Memorial Day party.
Going to a Cubs game with Shane and some long-missed Chicago friends (Heather is sad because she can’t have cotton candy).
Shane is growing a beard in a bad beard contest. I don’t think it’s so bad.
Things I have read in the last month:
Things I have watched in the last month:
- Brokeback Mountain
- Hustle & Flow
- The End of the Affair
- Wonderfalls – 1 DVD
- 24 – last 4 episodes of this season
- Twin Peaks – beginning of season 2
- The X-Files – end of season 1
Friends that are moving/moving away:
- Kasey to Philadelphia – already gone
- Sam & Brian to a new! house! in Champaign
- Sarah & Greg to a house! (albeit rented) in Champaign
- Nicole to Texas – this weekend
- Erin & Ben to St Louis – June 10
- Karin to Philadelphia – June 17th-ish
- Ryan to St Louis and Americorps – end of the summer?
- Angie & Chris to parts unknown – TBA
It’s been a lovely summer already.